Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fall Fashion

So I was just talking with some friends about the never ending cycle of fashion trends. We were remarking that things seem to just go around and around, but then laughed that there were some things that would probably just stay lost in the pages of history (i.e. many of the ridiculous fashions of the 80's). Don't get me wrong. I loved my neon socks, biker shorts, side ponytails, and all that, but with styles SO distinctive, you think it'd be hard to bring some of that stuff back. Not to worry friends! Here it is in all it's crazy shoulder pad glory:
www.style.com/trendsshopping/trendreport/072709/partylikeits1983/
Other style trends on tap for the Fall:
Biker jackets, 40s glamour, and seemingly plaid judging from the sheer amount of it I'm seeing everywhere

*On a more personal note, I went to the doctor yesterday, and when they weighed me I was disgusted to find that I weighed exactly the same as I did at my 6 week checkup post baby! Of course, Ty pointed out that I haven't really done much since then in the way of changing that, so I guess it's time I started. Now that I've announced it to the world, I kinda have to right? Do any of you have weight loss goals? (Hopefully not Brandi ;)) Maybe we can get there together.

4 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Fruity Pebbles and chocolate that this kid craves are not going to help me lose any weight anytime soon.

Jamie said...

I don't have weight-loss goals right now, but last fall when I went to the doctor, I was shocked to find out I had gained about 17 pounds over my normal average. Yikes! Now, I do have to say that ate a very large bowl of mint-chocolate-chip ice cream every night that summer, but wow! So I cut out all processed sugar (even went to natural applesauce and cut out dried fruit with sugar and sugary cereals and all juice) and within two weeks, I had lost five pounds. I've added back in the occasional sweet treats and cranberry juice, but I still try to stay away from daily indulgences, and I always choose products with sugar over those with corn syrup. I did end up losing all 17 pounds in the end! But, for the record, I think you look great.

Amber said...

I think you look fab too!! I have lost 8 pounds and am wanting to lose 12 more. I know, I know...but just wait until I do it. You'll see that it does need to go!! AND now I see why you come to me for the "honest" opinion...because you have the most upfront husband in the world. Because....if Travis would have told me I haven't "done" anything to get it off....he would picking his tetth off the ground. ;)

Jenn said...

Thanks for the kind words friends, but I'm getting pretty tired of wearing the same 3 pairs of pants, and I can't bring myself to buy bigger clothes 'cause I really want to get back into my old stuff. Motivation right? And, YES, my husband is nothing if not brutally honest.