Monday, July 20, 2009

Whew!

One word...VBS! Ok it's not really a word, but man am I tired! We're doing a Roman theme this year and focusing on Paul and the Underground Church. The kids get a first hand look at what it would have been like to live and be a Christian in Rome in Bible times. They visit a Marketplace where they "buy" Roman food and make crafts. They play Roman games, and they visit Paul to hear stories about his time in Rome and learn lessons from the Bible. It is so much work, but it really is worth it when you see the kiddos loving it and really getting what we're trying to teach them. Last night Marcus asked what the "Bible Point" for the night was, and Payton(almost 5) yells out, "God's love changes us!" She was totally right! I was so glad to see that what we were doing was making a difference and that the kids were really getting it. Tonight felt a little more like work, but that's ok, 'cause stuff got done! I'm going to go ahead a make all the people that have directly helped me during VBS my blessings of these 4 days. Lisa, Amber are Laura just a few. It's so uplifting to look around and see people you know you can count on. So, if you've got kids with nothing to do for the next 2 days, bring 'em to Rome, and I'll show them around!
P.S. No pics, I barely have time to breath much less worry about my camera!

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

you are a huge blessing to us and VBS too. It wouldn't be the same without you!!!

C said...

That sounds like an awesome VBS. I want to go!