Thursday, July 9, 2009

365 Days of Blessings

Well, as I've been trying to think of something other that what I really want to post about to post about, I had a great idea! Lots of people are doing the take a picture every day thing. I thought, "Why not take it a step further?" I am going to look for a blessing every day, and take a picture of that. This way I'll spend every day focused on all the wonderful things God is giving me and gt picture practice in one. I may not post every single one, and most will be straight out of the camera. Some will be small; some will be big, but each one is a blessing just the same. So, day 1... my rose bushes! They have been with me since my first day in this house. Honestly, they were one of the only things I liked about this house at first (we called it "the poopy house"). When we finally moved in, the bed they are in was full of weeds, some shoulder high! But these things just kept on growing and booming. They have greeted every Spring and heralded every Fall with me for 5 years. Isn't it marvelous that our God can make something mighty like the ocean, and then something delicate and beautiful like the rose? What a blessing!

2 comments:

:::b r a n d i::: said...

The poopy house?? Poor house. I like your house!

Jamie said...

I LOVE this idea! God is so generous, and I'm looking forward to reading all the posts about how He is blessing you guys.