Monday, December 20, 2010

Workin' cows

*Sorry for the delay in posting. Our family was taken over by a nasty stomach bug. We're all alive, but it was iffy there for a while!*
Well, since it's almost Christmas, I thought I'd better hurry up and tell you what we did the day after Thanksgiving. Of course, by we I mean the guys. I just stood there and took pictures. With all the extra help around for the big day and the nice warm weather, it was a great day to work cattle. Just in case you're not familiar with that phrase (Who isn't?) that's what we do when we get a bunch of new cattle in, and we need to get them ready to join the herd. The cows are lined up in a shoot, and put one by one into a kind of holder like this.. It kinda squeezes them in the middle so they hold still. Then they get a shot, a lice bath, and a pretty little tattoo. After 150-200 cows, this is what you look like.

This is where the "animal poop" in my title comes in. You can see why I stood back taking pictures!

After they're all "worked", they get a nice snack. Let me tell you. Cows are like little kids. Every meal it's like they haven't eaten in 7 years. They gobble down lunch, and then it's off to a life of grazing, napping, and strolling along the country side. Tough life right?

Yay for brothers who still like to get dirty together!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my! Ty looks right at home, doesn't he? :)

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Well that's definitely not Black Friday shopping, lol

Robin E said...

I love your photo of the brothers! I've been tempted to take my camera out when my dad's doing the same thing, but I thought he would think I was crazy.