Monday, May 17, 2010

Number 5 is Alive.

Well, if you keep up with this blog, you're probably wondering if I've fallen into a hole somewhere. I'm happy to report that is not the case, but I have been super busy. I promise I will get around to pics from Abby's party someday, but first here's a little story from this past weekend to tide you over.

I organized a little fundraiser for our old ministry group Cats for Christ. We went to a Royals baseball game, and gave the proceeds from the ticket sales to the group (long story short). Anna is absolutely in love with baseball right now, and when we said we were going to a game, she got all excited and started talking about how she was going to get to play baseball with the kids. I explained to her that this game was for big boys who had shirts with numbers on them, and since she wasn't a big boy and didn't have a number, she would just have to watch with her Daddy and me. She seemed to take this ok, but after a few minutes of thinking, she went over to Ty and asked in the sweetest little voice, "Daddy, could you help me put a number on my back?" He couldn't say no, but since we didn't have a jersey or anything for her to wear, we had to get creative.

She picked the number 5, and had a huge grin on her face as Ty put it on. She asked me more than once to check and make sure her number was still there. It was rainy and cold, but she didn't seem to notice. She was just happy to have that number on her back!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Ok. Now that is a sweet story!! And she picked Carter's # :)

Jocelyn said...

so cute!
I was #5 all through my softball playing days :)

:::b r a n d i::: said...

Love it!